Archive for category Greenville
Ohio Attorney General, Mike DeWine’s office was present and provided everyone with a list of Ohio Consumer Fraud Resources. This is important information for every household to have.
- Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Protection Section, Help Center – 800-282-0515
- Identity Theft Passport Program, 888-694-3463, www.OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov
- Ohio Department of Commerce, Financial Institutions, Investor Protection Hotline: 877-N VEST 411, www.com.ohio.gov
- Ohio Consumers’ Counsel, Utility and Phone Fraud, 877-742-5622, www.pickocc.org
- Ohio Department of Insurance, Fraud and Consumer Services, Medicare OSHIP Hotline: 800-686-1578
- Consumer Hotline: 800-686-1526, www.insurance.ohio.gov
- Better Business Bureau, Research and Business, 800-759-2400, www.bbb.org
- Ohio Department of Aging, Long-term Care Ombudsman, 800-282-1206, www.aging.ohio.gov
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Adult Protection Services, www.jfs.ohio.gov
- Ohio Secretary of State, Research a Business, 877-767-6446, www.sos.state.ohio.us
- Save the Dream Ohio, Foreclosure Prevention Assistance, Hotline: 888-404-4674, www.savethedream.ohio.gov
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service, Report Mail Fraud, 877-876-2455, www.postalinspectors.uspis.gov
- Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Complaint, 877-383-4357, www.ftc.gov
- Ohio Legal Services, Legal Aid Provider, 866-529-6446, www.ohiolegalservices.org
>In an apparent cost-cutting measure, the public mailbox on the 600-block of South Broadway was removed last week. Presumably, several other local mailboxes were also removed – as this removed box was added to a truck with 6 or 8 other mailboxes already on board. The sidewalk now has an ugly – and potentially dangerous slab – where a very convenient mailbox used to be.
>In recent weeks, the Wayne Hospital construction has been less-than-aesthetically pleasing, with plenty of rusted metal beams and plastic sheeting present (the latter in shreds after a series of windstorms). However, the project is advancing to the point that a fair amount of the finished exterior is now up.