>The following information was just received from Shane Cartmill, Public Information Officer, State Fire Marshal:
Date of incident: July 16, 2010 at 11:45 p.m.; Address: 100 block of W. Third Street in Greenville (Darke County); Structure: Vacant warehouse
– Investigators with the Division of State Fire Marshal, Greenville Fire Department and Greenville Police Department are continuing to investigate the fire at the vacant warehouse fire in Greenville on July 16, 2010.
– Investigators believe the fire is the result of arson and are reaching out to the public for more information. Because this is an ongoing, possibly criminal, investigation, specific details about the fire will not be released at this time other than to say the fire originated at the north end of the structure.
– A Blue Ribbon Arson Reward of up to $5,000 is being offered to anyone with information. Investigators want to hear from anyone who may have seen something out of the ordinary at the time of the fire, or heard someone talking with specific or unusual knowledge about the fire. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Division of State Fire Marshal at 1-800-589-2728 or the Greenville Police at 937-548-1103.
– The fire completely destroyed the vacant warehouse which was once owned by a large corporation. The 2-story warehouse was mostly empty except for a vehicle, camper and archived newspapers from the local newspaper company.
– One firefighter sustained a minor injury. Greenville Fire Department and multiple mutual aid departments battled the blaze for nearly 7 hours.
|Previously submitted photos|